If you have any more resources please email and suggest them.
Govermenment of Canada
- National Energy Board
- Ministry of Indian and Northern Affairs – Jurisdiction over Aboriginal issues in Treaty 8 area of BC and Alberta.
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans – Environmental assessment jurisdiction for projects affecting fish habitat.
- Natural Resources Canada
- Office of Energy Efficiency
- Renewable and Electrical Energy Division
- CanREN: The Canadian Renewable Energy Network – Mandate to accelerate development and commercialization of renewable energy technologies.
- ecoENERGY program for Renewable Power – Mandate to increase Canadian supply of renewable energy.
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Nuclear Waste Management Organization – Mandated with the long-term management of Canada’s nuclear waste.
Government of Alberta
- Energy Resources Conservation Board – Regulates the energy industry in Alberta (Previously the Energy and Utilities Board)
- Alberta Energy
- Cumulative Environmental Management Association – Mandate to study cumulative effects of development in northern Alberta.
- Alberta Sustainable Resource Development – Manages use of public lands.
- Alberta Environment
- Oil Sands Environmental Management Division
Government of British Columbia
- Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources
- Electricity and Alternative Energy Division
- Ministry of Environment: Water Stewardship Division
- BC Environmental Assessment Office
- BC Hydro
- Powerex – BC Hydro’s export subsidiary markets energy products and services.
- Provincial Integrated Electrical Planning Committee – Multi stakeholder consultation group for BC Hydro planning and operations.
- BC Utilities Commission
- British Columbia Transmission Corporation
- Oil and Gas Commission
- BC Climate Exchange – Provincial Program to support municipal and First Nations energy efficiency programs.
- BC Ministry of Forests and Range
- The Pembina Institute
- Oil Sands Watch
- British Columbia Energy Solutions
- The Polaris Institute – Tar Sands Watch
- Greenpeace Canada
- Stop the Tar Sands Campaign
- End the Nuclear Threat Campaign
- Peace Valley Environmental Association – opposed to further damming on the Peace River
- Save Our Rivers Society – Opposed to pace and character of small hydro project developments in BC.
- Western Canada Wilderness Committee
- Say No to River Privatization Campaign
- BC Citizens for Public Power
- The Dogwood Initiative – Committed to sustainable land reform.
- No Tanker Campaign
- David Suzuki Foundation
- BC Sustainable Energy Association
- BC Community Energy Association
- Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility
- Alberta Biodiesel Assocation
- Environmental Defence
- Forest Ethics Tar Sands Campaign
Oil and gas
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Alberta Chamber of Resources
- Shell Canada
- Canadian Natural Resources
- Canadian Oil Sands Trust
- Imperial Oil
- Petro Canada
Hydro and renewable energy
- Independent Power Producers Association of BC
- Alcan Inc – Has signed Long Term Electricity Purchase Agreement with BC Hydro.
- Run of River Power Inc.
- Purcell Green Power Inc.
- Naikun Wind Development Inc. – Pursuing project in Hecate Straight.
- Aeolis Wind Power Co. – Proposing 1000 MW project in northeastern BC
- Cloudworks Energy Inc. – Operate run-of-river projects near Pemberton.
- Clean Current Ltd. – Renewable Energy from Tides. First tidal turbine project in Canada.
- CanBIO – Canadian Bioenergy Industry Association
- The Canadian Solar Industries Association
- Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Nexterra – BC Biomass gasification company.
- Pristine Power – Independent power producer with interests in BC and Alberta.
- Wood Pellet Association of Canada
- Lignol Energy – BC-based company interested in biorefineries to produce fuel from forest resources and other biomass.
- Syntec Biofuels – BC-based company. Liquid transportation fuels from wood waste.
- Canadian Nuclear Association – nuclear technology industry association.
- Cameco – Cameco is a major uranium producer.
- Bruce Power – Bruce is a major nuclear power operator in Canada.
- Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. – Crown corporation. Developed the CANDU nuclear reactors.
- Energy Alberta – Nuclear Energy Company (owned by Bruce Power) proposing nuclear reactors to serve oil sands and the Alberta grid.
- Envint – Consulting in renewable energy, energy policy, carbon trading and life-cycle analysis.
- West Moberly First Nations – First Nations involved in consultations over Site C project.
- Carrier-Sekani Tibal Council – Leaders of First Nations claiming title to much of proposed gateway pipeline route.
- Canadian Energy Research Institute – focuses on energy economics and related environmental policy. Published influential report entitled The Economic Impacts of Alberta’s Oil Sands.
- Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development – network of companies, universities and government agencies organized to facilitate collaborative research in science and technology for Alberta’s Oil Sands.